Thursday, September 18, 2008

Hurricane Ike, the Aftermath

Have you ever had one of those moments where you just can't believe what you are seeing? Well, I had one the day Ike hit us. It was just after sunrise and the wind was still blowing but the rain had let up. I cautiously crept out of my house to survey the damage to my house and was surprised to see an SUV driven by an adult packed with their kids. They were driving around gawking at the damage like it was some sort of show. It reminded me of when my folks would take us out to look at Christmas lights. I couldn't believe that the idiots were already out, and risking the lives of their spawn as well. The comic below illustrates the same kind of idiocy.

2 comments:

melredd said...

After a major storm, it's like somebody advertised for a parade of homes. Everyone driving around the neighborhood, gawking at everything else like a tourist.

tsolo888 said...

I wasn't gawking I was gloating :)