Thursday, July 31, 2008

Land of the Lost?!?!


Sure, I loved Land of the Lost...when I was ten years old. When they announced that they were making it into a movie, I felt a flutter of excitement, but just a tiny flutter. Then when I heard that Will Ferrell would be starring in the movie I was moved in an altogether kind of way. Don't get me wrong, Ferrell makes me shoot soda out of my nose at the theater, but is Land of the Lost supposed to be a dumb, grossout comedy? IMHO a serious remake of this would be much more satisfying.

1 comment:

melredd said...

I always got a laugh when Will would touch a crystal in the sleestak cave that would electrocute him. I mean, he did this on several occasions during the show (if memory recalls). Some people never learn, even the hard way.

It would be too easy for Hollywood to have some FX geek render some dinosaurs in the computer for this film. I say go get the great Phil Tippett, and let's have some old fashioned, stop motion beasties for this film!