Friday, January 16, 2009

My Wife Loves Me, Geek or Not



Every once in a while my wife does something that shows me she is actually listening to me as I froth at the mouth about one geek subject or another. Usually it has to do with one of a few subjects; Star Wars, Star Trek, D&D, video games or some other geeky subject. She sits politely and nods her head as I go on and on. Well, the other day she found a Gamorrean Guard bobble head on sale at the store and bought it for me. I was so tickled that she had gone out of her way to quench my thirst for all things Star Wars. She looked at me and said, "did I get it right? Don't you like this guy? It's and orc, right?" Although she was a smidge off on the details she got everything else right. She knew that the Gamorrean Guard was one of my favorite Star Wars characters and she knew what an orc was. What a woman! I am one of the luckiest geeks I know. Here's the you sweetheart!

1 comment:

tsolo888 said...

That is funny and sweet all at the same time.